Saturday, July 7, 2007

Itsy Bitsy Rap

It's the Itsy Bitsy Rap!

Have you ever listened to the 1991 CD For Our Children by various authors for the Aids Foundation?

I just love the ideas it's inspired in me!

From Chicken Lips and Lizard Hips - who knew? Bruce Springsteen you've got some surprises in you.

To one of my Laptime staples:

The RAP version of Itsy Bitsy Spider done by Little Richard!

No, I do not sing it just like Little Richard, can't improve on a master, but it DID give me the courage, after listening to it over and over and over, to try a mini version in Laptime.

Now, I'm not claiming that I thought of this all on my own, it all started with one wonderful Laptime volunteer who introduced me to the version and put me onto the CD.

So, come on you all, be brave, take old ideas, turn them around, give them a twist, make them your own, and let's SING!

...ready now, in your best rap persona...

Itsy Bitsy Rap

The itsy bitsy spider
climbed up the water spout


Down came the rain and
washed the spider out

Out came the sun and
dried up all the rain,

And that itsy bitsy spider
climbed up the spout again

Yo Yo Yo Yo!
Yo Yo Yo Yo!

...arms crossed laid back, best rapper pose

______________________

p.s. Unfortunately I cannot find the CD on Amazon. All I can find is the 1996 sequel: For Our Children Too!

No comments: