Monday, December 3, 2007

Dinosaurs!


Dino's Step into Storytime. Oh, ah, EEK! Watch out! SPLAT!!!


Can I Have a Stegosaurus, Mom? Can I? Please!? by Lois Grambling
OPL Link


What?? A T-rex? Yikes, I think I'd rather have a stegosaurus.


I'm Bringing Home A Baby Dinosaur
from Wilma Flanagan's Geocities Website
(Wilma does not say where she gets her fingerplays, so I am crediting her.)

I'm bringing home a baby dinosaur
Won't my mommy fall right through the floor
I'm bringing home a baby dinosaur

Ouch!
He squished me!
Flat as a pancake!

I'm bringing home a baby dinosaur
Won't my mommy hide behind the doorI'm bringing home a baby dinosaur

Tromp! Tromp! Tromp! Tromp!


What if you really could bring a dinosaur home?


When Dinosaurs Came with Everything by Elise Broach
OPL Link

Here they come! Dinosaurs!


Dino Ditty, Ditty Dum Ditty Do
sung to the tune of "Do wah Diddy Diddy"
(another of Wilma Flanagan's Dinosaur Fingerplays)


Here he comes just a stomping with his feet,
Singing " Dino ditty, ditty dum ditty do.

Searching all around for something good to eat,
Singing "Dino ditty, ditty dum ditty do"

He's huge (he's huge)
He's strong (he's strong)
He's huge, he's strong, won't be hungry very long.

Dino ditty, ditty dum ditty do....


Let's boogie!


Dinosaurumpus by Tony Mitton
OPL Link

Now what about you dinosaurs that are still here...


Dinosaur vs. Bedtime by Bob Shea
OPL Link
...really act this one out, lots of roaring, attack the the dinosaur leaf blower, pretend slide (count the ladder steps up, giant slide, baby slide, middling slide), sing On Top of Spaghetti, sing Brush Your Teeth...


Rar, rar, rar.... (shrink down, down, down until SNORE...and bedtime wins)


______________________________
Need More?


Riding Around on my Big Blue Dino
Sing to the tune of Bumpin' Up and Down in my Little Red Wagon
Thanks Karin for the inspiration!

Ridin' around on my big blue* dino
Ridin' around on my big blue dino
Stomp, stomping around all day

One fell off and his tail is wagging . . .
Danny's gonna join him, whoops he's sliding . . .
Another's off and the kids are laughin' . . .

* Or ...add in color changes as suggested by your audience :)


Flapdoodle Dinosaurs (Pop-up) by David Carter
OPL Link

Dino-monsters (manners)
(scroll down past the Go Away Big Green Monster pictures)

How Do Dinosaurs Go to School? by Jane Yolen
OPL Link

Dinosnores by Kelly DiPucchio
OPL Link

...and a new one
Banana! Ed Vere
OPL Link

No comments: