Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Picnic Time

Picnic Party with a Beetle Boogie Bop

Prep:
Picnic blanket, basket, etc.
Hide a host of bugs under silk leaves, real leaves.

Walk in with a picnic basket on one arm and a little puppy (puppet) in the other



Bark, bark!
    Are you excited Ralph? Are you so excited?

Bark
(and wiggle to get out of arms)

   You want to play in the park, don't you boy, oh don't you

Bark Yip

   Oh you're a good doggy, good boy.
(Ralph jumps out of arms and starts sniffing around)

    Just a minute Ralph, you sit here while I set out my picnic...
    Oh you wiggly wiggly little boy - here, let's get those wiggles out...


I Wiggle My Fingers

I wiggle my fingers, I wiggle my toes
I wiggle my shoulders, I wiggle my nose
Now no more wiggles are left in me
So I can be as still as still can be.


    Oh, look Ralph, there are some kids here - Yes, you can go play
    Would you like to say hello to Ralph?
    Raise your hand if you would like to pet Ralph 

take him around to those kids with their arms up,
Then Ralph starts sniffing around, something on the ground (or up on your table)


Yip Yip Yip!
     What have you found Ralph? What is it?
pull back leafy covering (fabric with leaf motif or whatever you have used to cover up a bagful's worth of bugs!

     Oh Ralph! You've found BUGS!

    I LOVE BUGS!
    You can't have a picnic without bugs!


I Love BugsI Love Bugs by Emma Dodd
OPL Link










    Oooh, SPIDERS!  Yummy tummy wiggly spiders . . .


Itsy Bitsy Spider

Itsy bitsy spider, went up the water spout,
Down came the rain, and washed the spider out,
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
And the itsy bitsy spider went up the spout again.   


     You know what else loves a nice sunny day
     - what did we see in our book - -fuzzy buzzy honey bugs...


Here is the Hive

Here is the hive
But where are the bees?
Hidden inside, where nobody sees.
Uh, oh, oh, oh
(hand shakes)

1,2,3,4,5
They're alive, they're alive!
(tickle, tickle, tickle)


    bzzzz, BzzZZzzzz, bZzzzz
    I caught one!


I'm Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee

I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee, won't my mommy be so proud of me?
I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee - ouch, it stung me!

I'm squishing up a baby bumblebee, won't my mommy be so proud of me?
I'm squishing up a baby bumblebee - ewww, it's all yucky

I'm wiping off a baby bumblebee, won't my mommy be so proud of me?
I'm wiping off a baby bumblebee --ughhhh, it's all over me!

I'm licking off a baby bumblebee, won't my mommy be so proud of me?
I'm licking off a baby bumblebee, -- my mommy won't be proud of me!


    That was really yucky!  (shudder)     
    Oh, and here, what do we have here?


Roly Poly Caterpillar

Roly poly caterpillar, into a corner crept
Spun himself a blanket, and for a long time slept
Roly poly caterpillar, wakening by and by
Found himself with beautiful wings, changed to a butterfly!


    Ooooh, another c-c-creepy crawly . . .


Slowly, Slowly

Slowly, slowly creeps the garden snail
Slowly, slowly, very slowly up the garden rail...

Quickly, quickly goes the little mouse
Quickly, oh so quickly all around the house!


     Oh, look! A butterfly!
           (catch it)

Baby Butterfly
(from Let's Play Music)

I'm bringing home a baby butterfly now, 
that bumblebee didn't like me somehow,
(shake finger in a no-no)

So I'm bringing home a baby butterfly now, 
Won't my daddy be so very proud of me now!


Aaaarrgghh! Spider!Aaaarrgghh Spider by Lydia Monks
OPL Link

















Criss Cross Applesauce

Criss cross applesauce
Spiders crawling up your spine
Cool breeze, tight squeeze
Gives my baby the sillies!


Can't Bug Me
from Let's Play Music


I love bugs, every bug that I see
I like the big ones, and the bad ones
And the fuzzy purple flat ones
People thing they're yucky,
But I just don't agree
No you can't bug me


    Oh what a fun day it's been! Time to go now,
    I am so glad you were here to share our park day,
    say bye bye Ralph

Bark!

No comments: