Sunday, September 23, 2007

Bees


BuZzZZZZZ BzzZZZZz Bees!


BzZ BZzZ BZzzzzZ B BZzzzzZZzz!

What? What is that?

BZzzzZ BZZ BzzzZZ B BZZZ! BZzzZ BZZ BZZ B BZzzzzZZ!

Oh, could it be? Is it ...

A Bee?

A BIG Bee

A Big BOLD Bee

A Big Bold BUMBLE Bee?

A Big Bold BABY Bumble Bee?

BZZ BzzzZZ BZZ BzzzZZ B BZzzZZ! BZzzzZTTT

I Caught it!


I'm Bringing Home a Baby Bumble Bee

I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee
~'Catch' a bumblebee, swing clasped hands back and forth
Won't my mommy be so proud of me

I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee
Ouch! He stung me!
~Show true stunned surprise, you mean bees sting people!??

I'm squishing up a baby bumble bee
~squish palms together, squish, squish, squish
Won't me mommy be so proud of me

I'm squishing up a baby bumble bee
Ewwww, it's all over me!
~look at palms, gee whiz, I didn't think it would do that!

I'm wiping off a baby bumble bee
~wipe palms on pants, up and back, keep the rythm
Won't my mommy be so proud of me

I'm wiping off a baby bumble bee
ughhhh, it's all yucky!
~look at hands and pants, oh, what a mess!

I'm licking off a baby bumble bee
~pretend to lick palms, the trick is to make it SOUND real ;)
Won't my mommy be so proud of me

I'm licking off a baby bumble bee
bleck! Now that is really yucky!
~shudder like you just tasted something truly terrible!

My mommy won't be proud of me!
~shake finger, on hand on hip, sly little devil look on your face


Oh, I don't think I'll ever catch a bumble bee ever again! Even if it was a baby bumble bee!

Oooo, but look here is a hive...


Here is the Hive

Here is the hive
~hold closed fist up
But where are the bees?
~shrug shoulders

Hidden inside
~point to fist
Where nobody sees
~shake finger, 'nobody', point to eyes, 'see'

expectant pause... closed fist starts to shimmer and shake...

Oh, oh OH!
1 2 3 4 5
~fingers pop up, counting

They're alive! They're alive!
~let your figners go TICKLING!


That's it. I'm never going to play with bee or a hive ever again! I think bees are just not very nice at all.

I know, let's talk about someone nice. Someone who I happen to know is very nice. His name is Eggbert...
~ pull over a flannel board with Eggbert there, sitting and just waiting for us
_________________________________
This is a long story for Laptime, so I have turned it into a FELT story.
If told with animation and spunk, it works well even for the littlest of storytime attendees.
__________________________________________


Photobucket

Now Eggbert, he is just about the nicest egg you ever saw.

Oh, but one day...

It was discovered...

That Eggbert had a CRACK!

Photobucket

Now, I don't know about how it is in your house kids, but here, where Eggbert lived, cracked eggs were just NOT allowed...


Eggbert the Slightly Cracked Egg by Tom Ross
There is a delightfully nosy and not-so-friendly bee in one part of this story!

The bee part: I stick a finger puppet bee on my finger and it goes out busily collecting delicious nectar from all the kids and flowers. Then, 'Bzzt bzzt BZZ BZZ BZZ B BZZZTTT! And it is discovered that you cannot get nectar from an egg. And that bee tells Eggbert that he cannot stay.'