Sunday, January 6, 2008

Love ya Baby!


Kissy Kissy, Huggy Little Buggy, Lovin' ya Sweetie Pie! It's a Hug-a-mug Love Bug!


The Love Bug
~bring up a little volunteer to help you out on this one. I like to ask for someone that like being tickled! If you have a relative in the audience, go for it and do this with that little person.

It begins with a little grin
~show the kids that smile

It turns to a giggle
~whisper to the child, 'can you giggle for me?'

You start to laugh
~gently tickle that little child, if you do it right you can just look at them and they THINK you are going to tickle them and that's all you need ;)

Your legs start to wiggle
~'can you wiggle your legs for me?'

You look all around for someone to hug
~point child back to the adult who brought them

~shrug your shoulders
You've caught the Love Bug
~'okay you can hug your mom/dad/person who brought you'

AChOooO!



Piggies by Audrey Wood

OPL Link
I like to set the book up for display, but then just use my fingers for a fingerplay for this fabulous book



I Love You Always and Forever by Jonathan Emmett
OPL Link


Skinnamarink
by Sharon Lois and Bram

Skinnamarink-a-dinky-dink.
Skinnamarink-a-doo
I love you

Skinnamarink-a-dinky-dink.
Skinnamarink-a-doo
I love you

I love you in the morning and in the afternoon
I love you in the evening and underneath the moon

Skinnamarink-a-dinky-dink.
Skinnamarink-a-doo
I love you


Do you have piggies? I've got piggies!
Sometimes they are hot piggies...


Love Your Fingers
touch each baby part as you go

I love your fingers,
I love your toes,
I love your eyes
And I must say that
I very particularly
love
that
Nose!!



Your Nose by Sandra Boynton
OPL Link / Blue Moo 17 Jukebox Hits from Way Back Never
Though I admire your angel eyes. There's something else I idolize...

 

Now that's my baby!
My baby with that adorable little nose!

I wonder what time it is?
Hmmm, could it be snuggle time?



Snuggle Puppy by Sandra Boynton
Well I have a thing to tell you and it won't take long...
OPL Link  /  I Can Be Me 


  May There Always be Sunshine
Find your heartbeat, rock back and forth, back and forth...

May there always be sunshine
May there always be blue skies
May there always be momma
May there always be me

May there always be sunshine
May there always be blue skies
May there always be daddy
May there always be me



Your Personal Penguin by Sandra Boynton
I want to be your personal penguin, I want to be right by your side...


Until next time kiddos!
(send out a big kiss!) MmmWhaA!

_________________

Extend it out for a Storytime:

Say it by Charlotte Zolotow
OPL Link


I Love You, a Bushel and a Peck by Frank Loesser
OPL Link

Swim! Swim! by Lerch (James Proimos)
OPL Link . . . excellent Friendships book as well.

_______________


Make a Valentines Day Special:


Will You Be My V A L E N T I N E?
(Let's Play Music)


Will you be my V A L E N T I N E?
If you do you'll surely know how happy I would be...
Sugar spice and all that's nice
That's what you mean to me
Will you be my V A L E N T I N E?



If You'll Be My Valentine by Cynthia Rylant
OPL Link

No comments: